As part of the Swiss Programme for Erasmus+, and more particularly the Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP), it is now also possible to organise student mobility on a global scale.

The Swiss Programme for Erasmus+ facilitates exchange and mobility activities between Switzerland and Europe. For Swiss higher education students, it is accordingly possible via the Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP) to travel abroad for an intercultural experience. Thanks to new measures coming into effect from 1 June 2021, Swiss higher education institutions participating in SEMP can also organise outgoing (from Switzerland) and incoming (to Switzerland) student mobility with all countries of the world. 

This new offer enabling the programme’s geographic zone to be enlarged is being introduced in response to a need. The agency is thus delighted for students to be able to benefit from new collaboration agreements. Indeed, this extension is designed to promote the development of international mobility in partnership with institutions from around the world. Please note that the Erasmus+ programme is also offering this opportunity on a global scale.

Exclusively for student mobility

Only student mobility (for study and internship purposes) will be eligible for this new offer for the time being.

The semester grant is increasing to CHF 2,500.

The conditions for obtaining mobility are the same as for European student mobility.

Further information about the Swiss-European Mobility Programme.

If you are a student interested in this new offer, please contact the international relations office at your higher education institution / college of higher education. They can provide you with more detailed information about the opportunities available.

Partner institutions abroad

Global partner institutions must have signed an agreement with a Swiss higher education institution participating in SEMP. By doing so, they must agree to the quality principles of the SEMP / Erasmus+ European Charter for Higher Education ECHE.

In addition, they must be official higher education institutions offering a recognised degree or other recognised higher education qualifications in compliance with the laws and practices of the country in which they are based.